A young American living in Istanbul went to dinner with his local friend “Oliver” to celebrate his acceptance into a three month Work & Travel program in the USA. The discussion turned to the hardships of Oliver’s people and then to how his teenage brother had been killed last year. He talked about the struggles his family had gone through and how they just wanted peace. The American was able to share with him that, while he didn’t know what he was going through exactly, he found that Jesus gave him strength in times like that. He was reminded of 2 Corinthians 1 where we are told about the God of all comfort who comforts us so that we might be able to comfort our brothers and sisters in Christ. Please pray that while Oliver is in America he would meet believers who would love him and pour into his life the light of Christ.
- That They Would Cast Their Care on Him
- I Saw an Ad for a New Testament
- That They Would Walk in a Manner Worthy of the Lord
- The Light in Your Dream Is Jesus
- I Want to Walk in the Light
- That You Would Sanctify Them through Your Word
- Will Our Fasting Be Sufficient for God?
- This Is the Work of God, That You Believe in Him Whom He Has Sent